Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Facilitating



Facillitating in a flipped classroom.

While we were leading the discussion, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. Since we had not had the initial micro-lecture or shared experience of viewing something together, I felt as though I couldn't be sure that anyone knew what I was talking about. Perhaps if we had initiated the class with some sort of question about the viewing experience or something like that, rather than leading somewhat cold with "write one sentence on your blog..."

Overall, I think it went well. I think that undergrads, in my experience, resist reading to a ridiculous degree. I agree with Nick that it is important to practice critical reading. The only way to become adept at critical reading is to work at it. At the same time, it seems like we could meet the students half way by letting them watch videos of the topic as some of their home work or to spark discussion in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment